The Natural Resource Management Board NT is an incorporated association and one of the 56 regional NRM organizations across Australia.
A key NRMB NT document is the Integrated Natural Resource Management plan, developed by the NRMB to set the direction for how the Territory’s natural resources will be managed into the future and guides funding investment by the NRMB and other agencies involved in natural resource management.
The Natural Resource Management Board NT is entrusted by the Australian public to focus regional expenditure on NRM outcomes, most recently through providing a significant avenue for the Australian Government’s Caring for our Country initiative.
The six national priorities identified under Caring for our Country are:
- the national reserve system
- biodiversity and natural icons
- coastal environments and critical aquatic habitats
- sustainable farm practices
- NRM in remote and northern Australia
- community skills, knowledge and engagement.